Friday, October 7, 2011

WEEKEND! HEEEEEEEHAAAWWWWW!

Ok so I wanted to have a lenghty post on times changing and the end of another era.....well that is for another time!

I want to shout from the top of my lungs that HALLELUYAH THE WEEKEND IS HERE!

I know, I know, I've already posted about the unrest at my workplace but I can't resist an update! Well , it's not really an update....

This is the company that told me I would get a permanent job by September for sure....NOT HAPPENING!

I'm still happy to get up in the morning and still thrilled to handle cheques and assorted payments, however I'm not feeling the love from my boss and I don't think they will renew my contract.

In a twisted way I think my boss is blaming me because the training was crappy; like I didn't learn fast enough. But really what is there to learn when they don't teach you anything or when they do it's so fast you don't even know what hits you so you can't ask questions your brain can't process it fast enough!

So now for a change of pace! No nudie bar or chip wagon or asian joint....

Really this is Roadtrip time....time to relax, thrift,nibble, thrift, relax, drink coffee, thrift some more, have a cocktail, supper and thrift some more!

This is what I chose for my B-Day gift to go on a road trip to Kingston, Ont! The road is so lovely, we take the old hihway most of the way.
The views of the St-Lawrence nd the Seaway are breathtaking and littered with little thrifts. And Chip Wagons....you can always get a snack in western Ontario.

It's the second place (besides New England) that I've fallen in love with. I just need to visit Cornwall, Iroquois, Brockville, Gananoque and all the litle places in between!


That sign is so cool, vintage and not politically correct at the same time!


That is probably the smallest bar in Ontario!


This Chip Wagon is in Brockville, Ont. Just so you know, it's pre-molded patties with crap in it not real meat!

STAY AWAY!

But these beauties are docked in Kingston! I can't wait to see them!

I might just get some of these.....If I'm lucky!



I wish! I can't wait to see what we dig up!

Have a nice weekend and a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Be sure to give thanks for all your riches vintage or new. Life is a gift to be fully enjoyed and be grateful for.

6 comments:

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

God, I love Pyrex.

There is this place down the street from my work called "WIDE OPEN". It's a bar, small hole, that was literally built in an alley. The place just had a roof thrown over it between two buildings.

If you wanna check it out..
http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?ftid=0x882b34dba2509d21:0xd74879648fadd996&q=139+Spadina+Avenue,+Toronto,+Ontario&hl=en&ved=0CA4Q-gswAA&sa=X&ei=1L-PTtueHY7ANaq43MYB

Just click on the magnifying glass next to the search bar!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Have a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful weekend.

The White Pear Tree said...

That sure sounds like a great little getaway. Have a great time and Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Sorry work is like that, ugh. I hate when your not happy....

Bobbinoggin said...

Beginner pyrex collector here. Question for you. Is it worth it to purchase pyrex that is missing a lid? Is it very hard to eventually find lids for those pieces you intend to use in the oven and fridge?

Bobbinoggin said...

Forgot to include email for follow-up on my question. bobbinoggin(at)gmail(dot)com

:)