Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baking with Pyrex & Finds

I'm on vacation this week and it's a staycation or should I say paintcation?

When we painted the living room last year we never finished the second floor mezzanine. Since it's all connected it needs to flow no?

So we 're donating a lot of VHS tapes and CDs from the 90's. Does anyone remember Columbia House? How about Soundgarden? Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians

I also decided to get rid of all my Stephen King paperbacks (I'm sorry Stephen, you're still my fave author, I kept all the hardcovers, hugs Miss V :) )

And Dan got rid of all the Agatha Christie books...

 
My cocooning fall genes also kicked in big time!
I'm saving seeds, preserving foods and yearning of baked goods....
 
Speaking of baked goods; I really wanted a pumpkin bread and since there's big time calorie counting at Vonlipi' House of Pyrex....that is for another post, I turned to the internet for a recipe.
 
I got my recipe from Splenda's web site.
 
Now there are rumours on the blogosphere that I have every Pyrex known to men....That is simply not true! LOL

These are the only loaf pans I own; for now! I would very much love a Spring Flower Green one...sigh.

making the batter...
 
Just out of the oven....Pipin' hot
 
It was okay tasting....but I can't really judge the recipe because I just realized I made a major mistake!
 
I switched baking soda for baking powder!
 
So I can taste the soda!
 
I'll have to retry the recipe to give it a real chance....
 
Here's the link just in case...
 
 
Now for some thrifting....
 
 
Now, now don't gasp!
I didn't find Pyrex casseroles.
I found cradles!
 
A small and a medium one (50 cents and 99 cents respectively).
They fit those utility dishes just fine but I'm wondering if they're really meant for each other....
 
Any ideas?
  
 
Let me know! Have a great night!

I hope I don't dream of paint, gutters and mactack!

4 comments:

Mick said...

Oh you don't have to be modest ;) We know in some form or another you have every piece of Pyrex Know to man, Vonlip! And now I too want Pumpkin bread... with cranberries... Mmmm mmmm good!

Jill said...

I never see loaf pans, I only have one (Desert Dawn Yellow) - you're doing better than me!!

The White Pear Tree said...

I have NO loaf pan, so you're ahead of me! I should try that cake recipe. While I'm not a fan of pumpkin stuff, my family is, so they'd love it. Perhaps at Thanksgiving when the girls come home.

It feels good to purge, doesn't it? Regain some of your real estate space so you can buy more stuff, lol!

Have fun on your "paintcation"!

Nicole
xx

Cheapchick said...

I had one of those Columbia House memberships for music...ah the good old days. MMMM pumpkin bread