Sunday, December 16, 2012

New Pyrex & some thrifting

Last week when I went to visit my Dad he surprised me with this....

                                A 401 Homestead bowl in Navy ( it exists in Brown)
                                a gift from a Pyrex soldier.
                               And what about that brick wrapped in waxed paper?

A brick of maple sugar! YUM ! Such a cool gift!
 
We took Friday off for our annual creamer capper to Massena NY.
 
Why creamer capper? Well, I suffer from ( among other things) a liquid Coffee Mate addiction and December is a great time to go across the border and look for it!
 
I didn't find the Coffee Mate I was yearning for but decided to try some International Delight creamer instead...Still unopened in the fridge....
 
I did find 2 new thrift shops, one with mostly clothes and the other was kind of an antique mall with booths, but not really.
Very clean, bright and warm.
 
I got the measuring cup
 
  
                               I also got a kitty kat beatnik Xmas tree ornement (no pic yet) for $1.

                                  The Butterfly Gold casserole came from Value Village in Cornwal, and I also got other cool stuff from there, but I didn't think of capturing those finds for posterity
                                  It was a beautiful  day full of finds and laughter and we both and a ball.
                                  We were asleep in the living room by 9:30 pm...

                                   Good times!

I just noticed I have a couple of new followers! WELCOME!  I hope you will enjoy your visits

Must go beddy bye because the morning comes really fast!

9 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Lots of great finds! I am a International Creamer addict!

Linda

Jill said...

A brick of maple sugar? I've never heard of it!!

ThrifterSisters said...

December is a great time of year for Coffee Mate! They have all of the holiday flavors. I am actually having a cup of coffee with the Peppermint Mocha right now.

Happy Holidays,

Erica

The White Pear Tree said...

A brick of maple sugar? Let me at it! Yum!

And I must look for the Peppermint Mocha flavoured Coffee Mate Erica mentioned above! That sounds totally yummy!

ColibriNB said...

Mmmm - maple sugar - so good. And presented in Pyrex, added bonus!
:)
C

Cheapchick said...

Great gift to receive. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

No, navy is better on that dish.

You have found some great treasures.

How's the sealed pot challenge going.

Pop along to our SEALED POT SUNDAY each week where we share news and spur each other on.

Sft x

Jim said...

Hello! Thanks for dropping by today! I LOVE that measuring cup, I think my Mom had one. And that 'brick' looks delicious!! YUM!

Jim said...

Hello! Thanks for dropping by today! I LOVE that measuring cup, I think my Mom had one. And that 'brick' looks delicious!! YUM!