Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sooo GOOD!

I've realy been aware of this for a couple of years now but the time never seemed right....

We watch our weight constantly especially after Xmas, we even had some carb free years....

But I just couldn't resist anymore...I NEEDED TO MAKE A DUTCH BABY!

What a taste sensation! I basically used the first recipe I found on the web...what hooked me? The nutmeg....

So it turned out really well and I pre-heated my cast iron skillet for only 5 minutes...


Isn't it beautiful and all golden.....YUM! I just served it with warm maple syrup....

Now you may ask what Dan thought of this...What he said was: Why didn't you make this before??? Where does that recipe come from? You must ake this very, very often!

LOL! It is not as bad as I first thought, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup flour, pinch odf salt and nutmeg, I used fresh ground and I do believe it makes a difference....

Since you need to butter the pan...I.E: make about 2 tablespoons butter melt in the pan than dump the egg mixture....the butter infuses everything so good, so so good!

I can't wait to cook it again!

Yep and I just noticed i'm losing followers left and right! Sorry I don't thrift as much, believe me it pains me much more than it pains you!

So long!

2 comments:

The White Pear Tree said...

Ok, you had me intrigued, I didn't know what a dutch baby was, so I googled it. It looks delicious! I'm very tempted to make it for Pancake Tuesday!!

This time of year, we seem to crave comfort foods such as this, don't we?

Nicole

ColibriNB said...

I'd never heard of a Dutch Baby either, but boy, does it ever look and sound good! Thanks for the discovery!!
:)