Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Yummy in my Tummy!

I subscribe to Kraft's What's Cooking magazine and generally I don't really like their recipes even if I know they are crowd favorites.

TOO MUCH CHEESE! TOO MUCH PROCESSED FOOD!

 But I have to admit that in their quest to make us buy their products they come up with pretty interesting recipes.

Like this one

Make-ahead pumpkin french toast

Of course i had to bend the recipe to my specs! First, I didn't have any canned pumpkin in the house, nor cream cheese...but I think it would've been overkill

My bread was pre-sliced and way to thin so I didn't soak it overnight,I made the liquid part the night before with  3 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, 2 TBSP of sugar, a good glug of maple syrup, some vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.

Which I did not have, but I was so sure I had some from my last trip to Maine. Well anyways....I made my own! I had the ingredients, so no money spent there.

I dipped the bread maybe 45 minutes before then browned it in a pan.

Here's the link for the recipe  Pumpkin pie spice

Here's the result



I made enough that we were able to bring some the next day for breakfast!

                                 So good!

No comments: