Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cool Postcards

I came across these vintage postcards while cleaning out the walk-in closet on Easter weekend...

Now I realise I might have posted them when I first started blogging in 2008....but I just was too lazy to go through aaaalllll the blog posts!!!

Here goes:

                                This is the Jacques Cartier bridge between Montreal and Longueuil
                                on the southshore.

                                This is Man and his World (Terre des Hommes-in french)
                                The name brings back tons of magical memories, the postcard not so much.
                                This is where I first tasted Iranian, Bulgarian and Japenese cuisine.
                                 This place changed my life, I didn't know it at the time, my parents were foodies and brought me everywhere so I got infected with the food diversity bug!
                              
                               For me this the Montreal skyline...without the Big O
                                  
This is a really, truly Montreal thing. The Metro! This is McGill station. gateway to a lot of underground shopping.
Now I have no idea why I kept these postcards in my important paper bin....
And they were new, unused....
After much talking and thinking....
I remember buying some postcards in the late 80's because I  had a lot
of out of the country friends ....
But obviously I neve sent any!
Be sure to check out the 1970's car!

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love postcards and try to buy some everywhere I go. I try to mail one to myself so I have a stamp from there! It's kinda fun! Love all these vintage Montreal postcards!
hugs,
Linda

Jill said...

I joined an international post card swap group called Postcrossing, it's neat to get postcards in the mail and send a few out, but there's only one problem - it's really hard to find postcards around here - I even went to the Science Centre the other day, I went in with a purpose, came out with not one card - everything is digital now, the clerk said!! I'll keep hunting....

Cheapchick said...

I really need to make it to Montreal one of these days, so beautiful, and the best bagels in the whole world (I have had the good fortune of being gifted some straight from Montreal smoked bagels - to die for)

Chris said...

Hi there, these cards are really great. Greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Linda said...

These are awesome! Great vintage Montreal memories here! Thank you so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal.