Monday, July 13, 2015

Miracles DO Happen

Last night at 3:15 am , a tumbling noise coming from outside woke me up...

Since the A/C is running 24/7 these days I didn't really knew what the noise was and besides it was time for a bathroom break. Once downstairs I tried to see what was the source of the noise....I couldn't see anything.

I went back to bed and tossed and turned until the alarm clock went off at 4:45 am....

I was spazzing out about the noise, going back to work and the move!

This morning we saw this

  So the big noise was in fact part of the tree that fell down in the yard

 We have been trying to have that tree trimmed for 2 years now....
We have been unsuccessful so far, lack of money, we called 12 tree companies and no one showed up,
and finally the realtor and the regular tree guy both saying that we were selling so we didn't have to trim anything. 

Now for the miracles...

The pool is 6 feet away
It was untouched except for 2 pieces of bark and a dead squirrel
(I put extra chlorine to kill the cooties)
The fence was sparred, totally
The patio was sparred
The neighbor's driveway was sparred
and
finally the Flamingos were sparred

See how close the tree fell???

That was quite the miracle in my book.

I think I thanked God 30 times today.

I was so grateful it fell in the night and not while we were digging out some hostas...
None of the cat were injured
and besides having to re-install the clothes line
there was no material damage...

Thank you Lord for this miracle!!!

4 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is a miracle! Perfect timing and placement of the downed tree! Wow!

Cheapchick said...

Wow, so lucky! You would think if Canada is in a so called recession as the news would have us think that the bloody tree guys would be willing to come out!

MomWaldsPlace said...

Amazing! It looks like the flamingo in the last photo is wearing a party hat to celebrate. My husband seems overly concerned about the squirrel, though.

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

That's awesome that it missed everything important!!