Monday, September 15, 2008

Apple preserving


As planned I made a batch of apple jelly this morning. I didn't remember it being soooo much work. Thank god it is done! It tastes really good and makes for some great Xmas presents...Yes I am already thinking about Xmas....When I had access to a gazillion stores (i.e. When I was working) by this date I had a third of my shopping done. Can you believe that?
On a related subject, while driving back home on route 26, we stopped at a little shack in the mountain in Maine. This little place fills me up with joy and I get misty just thinking about it.The Puzzle mountain bakery bakes pies, cakes,
c

ookies, jams and jellies. They put them in the two stands with the price on them and when you want some you just put the money in a box nailed to a tree. It amazes me that they have so much faith in people, that they believe people are basically honest and good....Well I bought pickles, I haven't tasted them yet, but I will keep you posted!

No comments: