Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year lunch

If you're ever in Hudson, Qc and feel a tad hungry be sure to stop to the Willow Place Inn on the shore of Lake-of-two-Mountains.
Situated in a beautiful old house built in 1820, you can either enjoy luch or supper in the pub or the dinning room and if the weather is nice they have a wonderful lawn where you can eat or have a drink in a nice Adirondack chair.
The food is pub grub with flair ( Is this a restaurant review?lol) You can order kidney pie, fish and chips or tandoori salmon. Their specialty is The Willow Dip a delicious rib roast sandwich with an au jus bowl and fresh cut french fries...TO DIE FOR....
I had one just yesterday .....YUM!
Their desserts look absolutely delightful but I never ordered one (I never have room....)

In winter you can cross lake-of-two-mountains on the ice bridge and in the summer the ferry is there to take you to Oka.
From the pub you can see people ice fishing,ATV-ing and snow gliding.


After lunc you can take a drive to see the beautiful Hudson houses and take a walk in the village for a spot of shopping.

I love Hudson village, it reminds me of quaint New England villages. I wish I could live there one day....





No comments: