Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th





I don't know where that tradition (or superstition) came from but for about the last 10 years I have been having at least 1 pancake or crepe on every friday th 13th.

Legend has it that if you eat a pancake on friday the 13th you will have enough money throughout the year to pay the bills.

So what's not to love about that?

The bills get paid and you get to enjoy a delicious piece of carb heaven....with butter and maple syrup not table syrup or pole syrup(telephone pole syrup!). Boy do I love pancakes!

Not a lot of pancakes have crossed my hungry lips since I have been following the writings of Master Weight Watchers, but after a loss of 13 pounds it is well worth it and I will truly savour this splurge.

I have been encouraging all my friends to follow this delicious tradition but since most of your work friends just vanish when you loose your job (It's not just my job to call you people), I decided to write a post about it and spread the word!

So have yourself a couple of pancakes or crepes suzettes or flapjacks as long as it is round it will do the trick!!!

No comments: