Monday, September 21, 2009

The way home part 3


I can't believe I almost forgot to write about the little church in Oxford ,Maine !

I just was too excited to
write about the Pick 'n' Paw!!! I discovered the little church in 2007. I bought one of my first Pyrex bowl there. I was trying to complete the Primary colors set (I only had the green one from my mom). I still didn't know about the colors, so I bought a minty blue 402.....When it should've been a red 402 (oh well). It took me quite a while to figure out that the bowl belonged to the Horizons set!
You could visit the 2 floors before and it was full of really interesting things. Everyday vintage things that nobody really kept, but were so full of charm today! Glassware,metal boxes,egg cartons....I remember falling in love with a refrigerator water bottle...I thought it was too expensive...and it hunted me until last fall when I found a really affordable one!


Anyways, now the church has a new owner and he decided to sell everything at rock bottom prices!
You picked out the stuff you wanted and he gave you a price. I found some great stuff that I don't need (what else is new!) but will share in the shop. A pink planter, a salmon peanut dish
and a tea set (a small tablecloth and napkins) super cute.
I wish I could've gone through more boxes there, but a lot of things were underwater....and covered with muck. I just don't want to get dirty sometimes! I guess I was getting tired as well, this was after the Pick 'n' Paw!
The owner wants to live in the church....so byebye cool antiques shop!
If you go soon you probably can still find some cool stuff!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Honestly there is just nothing like this in NJ. I don't know why. Maybe everything old has been sold, or thrown away...or all the old real estate had been bull-dozed but there just isnt anything like this around me

MomWaldsPlace said...

Yep, same here. Vonlipi is very, very spoiled.

Vonlipi said...

You are right! I'm spoiled and blessed by the thrifting gods!