Thursday, August 12, 2010

VTT: Lampalia!

Yes Lampalia is a thrifting disease along with Pyrexia, Canosis, Victoriasis, and Oldcraposia. And I bet there are many more yet undiagnosed!

I bet all of you suffer from at least one! Here we suffer from Pyrexia,Lampalia, Barwareosis and a mild case of Oldcraposia.

Today I'm sharing about Lampalia. 15 years ago, when we moved to the suburbs...I was already hooked to yard sales and garage sales. I was really happy to find some in my neighborhood.

On a  bright and sunny saturday morning we stopped at a house where they had a lot of tables with restaurant equipment. Dan wouldn't even get out of the car....Ijust heard: Ask them how much for the tacky lamp, yes that one! The lady at the sale didn't speak french and barely english...she just yelled stuff in greek!

I finally understood 2 dolllllaaarrsss. SOLD!


Ok it's a bit crooked but it's been part of our decor since then! I can't wait to repaint the living room, LOL!

Last summer we went to Morrisburg ,Ont to hang out and thrift and we saw this old man sitting in front of his garage with the door opened and a big Garage Sale sign. We were in awe of all his lamps. That garage had at least 30 lamps in it!  

We grabbed this cutie...


How's that for atomic?

It spreads a really nice light. And I'm so glad we got it because I would've regretted it of course!

Well that's it for today! A quick reminder that my GIVEAWAY is still on and that you have until August 22nd midnight to articipate. Follow the link to comment and have a change to win!

For more vintage joy visit Suzanne @ Colorado Lady and visit every body who linked up!

19 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

When I was little I told my family I was going to name my first daughter "Lampina" which is VERY close to your lampalila, no???

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

You have some wonderful vintage lamps. Thanks for sharing. ~~Sherry~~

Anonymous said...

Cool lamps! And I love your little kitty in your Profile picture :)

Definitely get yourself some plaques to paint next time you see some :)

Olive said...

Interesting lamps and the cutest garage sale stories. Thanks bunches for visiting me. olive♥

Coloradolady said...

What great lamps. I think my parents had one similar to your Lampilila....but they were red...gads!!! Happy VTT!

Postcardy said...

I like the design of that second lamp.

Pyrexia sounds like a real disease! It makes me think of anorexia and psoriasis!

Maureen said...

This disease I do have! Old lamps, new lamps, doesn't matter. I actually have 2 shades similar to the first one but they are off white. Rice paper I think?

Isn't it funny how you might not remember what you did yesterday but you can remember how much you paid for a lamp 15 years ago? I have that disease too!

GardenOfDaisies said...

What fun lamps! My daughter would love them. She really gets into vintage style. LOL, I guess I must have glassosia, and linenosis... Doctor Doctor what should I do? Go out and find more? Good answer!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your lamps! It's not my addiction but I do have Pyrexia, dishaholic and a big case of Oldcraposia!!!

Michelle said...

Those are two very unique and interesting lamps. Thanks for sharing.

I don't have lampalia or pyrexia, but as a fabricoholic, I can relate.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I'm so glad you've been able to find these quick fixes for what ails you! ;) Oldcraposia, love that!

Happy VTT,
Sally

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I have so many of those -alias...

Miri said...

Cool lamps!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Some of these diseases can be treated. Ask your doctor if Zebraxis is right for you. Side effects may include: dizziness, drowsiness, loss of appetite, loose bowel movements, cranky bowels, sleeplessness, nausea, projectile vomiting, bleeding eyeballs, and a sudden desire to support Stephen Harper.

Vonlipi said...

Never mind you crazy canuck! I'd rather have my house full of old crap and Pyrex than have loose bowels while supporting Stephen Harper! lol

Betty said...

I don't buy lamps myself but I love to pick out the ugliest lamp each time I go to the thrift and take a picture. I like the design of the smaller lamp :] it's very cute.

I wanted to let you know that I've given you the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out here http://myminkbetty.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

Paulette said...

Love that atomic job. I'm definitely afflicted with Pyrexia, and lately I've been having some tableitis as well. But really, I feel fine!

Sandi (Meme) said...

You got some good deals on lamps girlfriend! I wanted to stop by and become your next follower and thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my tablescape and story blog. Please come back and visit again! Sandi

Anonymous said...

Very, very funny! I suffer from a wallpaperitis and sewing notionosia. Of course, if you ask Don, he would just put it under the general heading of oldcraposia. Love the lamps.