Friday, October 8, 2010

Here we go again!

Ok here I am running all over the place like a chicken without a head....Re-packing the luggage, briefing the house sitter, doing laundry....

We are heading out to Maine (again lol) but this time with my Dad!

Where I hope to see more of these guys!

Old Orchard beach is slowly gentrifying itself...is it good? Not always!
A lot of really old signs will be replaced, like this Chop Suey sign. Not tell me, just who craves chop suey at the beach? 

I try to immortalize these old gems as much as I can before they disappear....Ok I find this one really funny...Patate Frite means french fry in french, they put that translation for french canadians who used to make the bulk of the Old Orchard tourist trade. Now I ask you why a translation just for french fries? Why not for fried clams? Are french canadians not allowed to eat fried clams? Makes me wonder...

I will be stopping here for some apple pie....

And here for some spring water


                                     And definitely enjoying a lot of this! I pray for some sun....

I also blogged @ The Pyrex Collective this morning so just go HERE for some Pyrex adventures!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh how fun! So far it sounds like weather should be pretty good. It's beautiful today and supposed to stay that way for a bit. Have fun!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Have fun, eat some yummy food and shop!!!

Mick said...

Looks to be a fun trip! I love old signs liek that too, I hate it when here (THERE ARE A TON of old coca-cola Pepsi-cola Crush signs painted ont he sides of brick buildings) I hate it when people "refurbish" the building and paint over them :/ Mos to fthe buildings down town around the theater im in still have their old sign-age and have been restored for historic attraction! have fun and be safe!

Jim said...

Have a blast! And hope you find all sorts of neat stuff!
Jim