Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The CHIN

First things first! Thank you for all your kind words of congratulations! I wish I could hold a big ass party with all of you there!

It's going to be a big change for sure. I've been at home nearly 3 years now (ok I went to the postal counter of unjoy for 4 months). I really enjoyed my time off, but it was time I get back to work. I was starting to feel like I was living on the fringe, like I was invisible, like I didn't matter....The mind does play tricks.

There are some people who can't grasp the not working thing and every time they see you they ask you if you've found some work....2 of them work @ Shopper's Drug Mart (home of the wretched post mistress). I guess they think they are caring but they come off as just a BIG OL' PAIN IN THE BUTT! 

I'm a spazzer by nature, so I need to take thing as they come, not fret over them days in advance. We are losing the maid (me) and the cats are losing their companion (me again). I will miss those critters so much. I enjoyed just watching them and their routine and their fuzzy faces.
 Bob and Boubou have taken to sleep on me like strawberries on cheesecake. That is so cute!

Being hired is really good for my ego. I was beginning to feel unwanted and  booger like....and that takes a LOT of energy to fight.

A couple of weeks ago I blogged about the new awful face of Suzanne Somers...Well while in Maine this caught my eye @ the cash register of the local Hannaford....I never buy these papers except when on vacation, I don't know why I can't help myself.....


I was wondering when this was going to be acknowledged  in the U.S.

I can't believe she was so pretty before. She must be totally freaking out.

Funny this is that she keeps coming to Canada and talking about her new book, she was on George just around Valentines to talk about love and sex.

Suzanne I hope you find somebody who can fix this and just let go of plastic surgery forever.

On another topic: you remember the cute lamp I bought last week, well as much as I love vintage lamps, I hate vintage cords so I rewired it today. It's a keeper!

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I haven't seen the photos of Suzanne Sommers face...awful! OMG poor thing. Sometimes you just need to let yourself age gracefully.

Enjoy the new job!

The White Pear Tree said...

Aaaaagh, she looks scary!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

I saw those, poor girl, she looks awful.

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on job! Hope you thrift some great work outfits!

Yikes, she looks like a freak; how sad that she wasn't satisfied with her beauty. Even sadder that our society encourages women to completely alienate themselves from themselves by distorting their looks to such a degree that they end up looking, oddly, like men!

Unknown said...

Oh man, the odd thing about Suzanne Somers is for a lot of years she didn't look like that. She looked a little done but not that done. A few weeks ago I saw her and thought, omg. Now she looks over done. She didn't look as bad as that shot and I think that shot might have been tweaked in photoshop to make her look MUCH worse but she did look very over done when I saw her.


There is a point where you have to ask yourself, why? And at that point you also have to ask yourself after the work is done is it ethical to go on tv and sell your beauty stuff and say I look like this because of the stuff I sell? And the answer is, no.