Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Retro Tuesday Concordia and a Thrifted Skirt

It's not too late for Retro Tuesday! Ok so I have less time to blog and thrift but that doesn't mean I'm giving up! At lunch time I enjoy taking brisk walks and exploring the west downtown area.

A couple of streets west is the Hall building of Concordia University (yes we have anglophone universities). it was built in 1965 (a year for greatness- I was born in 1965-hihihi). Of course I didn't know that when I took those pics!

At the time I was struck with the beautiful vintage architecture of that wall.

What about those? One look and I was back at Expo67 or an airplane!

On another note....Last fall I bought a new skirt in a thrift store, it had all the tags and came from Tristan & Iseult. It's an middle high end store and that skirt would easily have been 70$; I got it for 8$. I was kinda nervous wearing it to work, because I wasn't sure how it fit me.
I very rarely buy nice clothes at thrift stores because I never find anything good and most of it doesn't look new or fits good.

I was quite happy with the skirt, it fit great (the painful gassy cramps are gone) and I wanted to share...so I took self portraits; which are always tricky. 

I looks total shapeless, but you can see the pattern of the skirt and the thights (no crotch hole) and the black bootie.


I was hesitant to post this one, with the zit and the double chin, but heck it is natural! I'm actually laughing all alone because it's so funny to be taking pics of myself during my lunch hour.

The neighborhood is full of fun restaurants ,coffee places and ethnic groceries. I have a lot of exploring to do!

I don't know if I'll have the time to draw the winner of my CSN giveaway 'coz I'm going to the vet tomorrow night; Bob has bladder issues......But don't fret I'll do it as soon as I can!

Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite (litterally)

4 comments:

kimybeee said...

i got a notice from the post office on saturday that my package is here - but i haven't been able to go to the post office and pick it up!!!! i am dying, i was even showing my mom on your blog what i won!!! i can't wait to get my hands on the goodies!!!

The White Pear Tree said...

Ahhh, memories! Concordia is my alma mater!!

Love the skirt, grey is so chic! And love your smiling face! You look like such a happy, fun loving person. Enjoy exploring the neighbourhood!

Gina said...

Love the skirt too and it looks great with the boots! You look beautiful and happy!

KobysCache said...

Concordia! My hubby has his Engineering degrees from Concordia!
Looking great, enjoy your day.