Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hot off the press! Popeil's Dial-O-Matic slicer

Oh I forgot this is like Retro Tuesday but on Wednesday. I was midly jealous when i found out that my pal Tracy @ Crazy Suburban Mom hit the chenille jackpot. I tried to grab some for me but the store didn't answer my email. Like I told her, I have a chenille bedspread from my youth, it was white and my mom dyed it turquoise and it's still in amazing shape!

So tonight I stopped at my neighborhood church basement  and I found some mid-century deliciousness of my own.....

The pictures are not great

Look at those designs! I love the veggies.

The color is way better in person, it's beautiful pale turquoise.

It comes with a special blade to make rippled cuts and the instructions.

This is the kind of kitchen gadget I've always loved but my mom couldn't bear. I would be hypnotized by all of Popeil's miracle wares. I know they don't all work, but I still love them!

How tackylicious is that? I saw Dan's face when I brought it in the car.....It's going in the shop after a good cleaning! LOL

Well it's 9:02 and I will go nighty night, I'm pooped and I feel hollow so that means I need a good night sleep.
On the plus side, I'm really happy to wake up in the morning and go to work! I'm learning new stuff every day :) 

7 comments:

Laura said...

That is a Great find! You are very lucky to find one in such a pretty color :)

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Aqua!!! My favorite colour, my kitchen is decorated in aqua & sunshine yellow. Have you tried it out? I'm horrible at slicing up vegetables so this actually seems like a useful invention.

The White Pear Tree said...

That is the coolest looking mid-century gizmo gadget thingie!!! Love it! And the name, Dial-O-Matic! Seems everything back then was something Matic, doesn't it?

Mucho fun.

Glad you like your new job.

Unknown said...

Love love love the color, it's droolicious! And guess what, Ginger already threw up on my comforter twice. Sheesh.

harvester said...

would you consider selling the dial o matic slicer, i use one for canning corn for years and it broke and looking to purchase one

Vonlipi said...

Harvester, I'm commenting on my own blog becasue you didn't leave an email in your profile.

I sold the Popeil Dial-O-Matic about a month ago sorry about that. However you can find some on etsy.

Here are some links http://www.etsy.com/listing/78128610/vintage-midcentury-popeil-chop-o-matic?ref=sr_gallery_13&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=popeil&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76361228/vintage-food-cutter?ref=sr_gallery_19&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=popeil&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

Good luck :)

Unknown said...

Any way to post instructions. We found one in the attic but no instructions. Would love to see how to properly operate.