Friday, May 27, 2011

New floor deliciousness

This is the old floor


It really was a sub floor that we discovered when we reoved the horrible commercial grade carpet and plywood. See those big grooves? They were always full of stuff and a real pain to clean! It was also in dire need of a good sanding and a coat of varnish if we wanted to keep it; but let's face it  we were as sick of it as the paint on the walls.
As in everything our decorating tastes evolve over time; and everyone is different. It is very important to march to the beat of your own drum and decorate your house to suit your tastes. Here all the window mouldings were made of cheap grade knotty pine (circa 1992 or 3) and we couldn't stand them anymore, so every moulding got the white treatment. Special primmer and 2 coats of paint.
We love it and as my Dad says: Don't forget you are the ones who live there. So the decorating style needs to meet what we like and right now it is mostly vintage!

Can you tell that this is not really wood? That it is vinyl?
It will be so easy for us to clean with our four cats. No more litter stuck in the grooves! And rumour has it that it is warmer in winter! I,ll keep you posted!

Now we still haven't shopped for the skirting,so I hope to find a sale on those.

Tomorrow I hope to set the grill we bought and  to install some new track lighting. Again the existing track lighting was soooo UGLY that we got rid of it before I even thought of taking a pic of them. EEEEWWWW! Can you say overgrown pacifiers?

Now we still haven't try to decorate, but I wanted to share this (maybe temporary) little phone corner!

 Still not finished but I wanted to share this dynamite chair we found a coupl of weeks ago after dance class! I kept screaming OMG stop the car I seeeeeeee a chair we  might NEED!
So we stopped and got the chair, it's a dead ringer for oe we already have upstairs!
As for the cola cooler, I was really happy to score a french Coca-Cola cooler and whithin my budget!

Now can the rain stop so I can start the pool?

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love your little corner - how convenient - pop the lid and take out a cool bottle of Coke(in a glass bottle, of course!)

Unknown said...

oh its beautifulllllllllllllllllll!

The White Pear Tree said...

Oh wow, I'm amazed at how good it looks! Love the chair and the cool cooler too!