Monday, September 5, 2011

Atomic Treasures

We were making our way north from Hampton Beach NH to Old Orchard Maine on rte 1.....and we were specifically heading to the Bo-Mar flea (opened year round). Next door there's this really big old house filled with antiques but it's messy and you can't really walk around because there's so much stuff.

We had decided not to go this time and concentrate on the flea. We got out of the car and like being pulled with a giant magnet we ended up on their lawn where a big sign said VINTAGE STUFF. First thing we knew we were in the house hunting.....

Holy bubbly vintage atomic goodness!

And in turquoise too!

Can you guess what these are?

Let me tell you that when I spotted these I screamed and jumped! Look,look,look,look! Don't you see?
ARE YOU BLIND?

Here they are when I first saw them in the store....


Aren't these totally fabulous? But really! I was a bit sad because I found them too expensive. I was resigned to leave them there. Then Dan asked me how much I'd be willing to pay for them, I answered and firts thing i knew there was bargaining action downstairs.

OMG I'm not a bargainner by nature so I was totally petrified to witness Dan reeling in the seller like a big fish. We ended up buying the lamps at nearly 50% off.

Here are the atomic godesses in their new habitat...

I need to re-wire them but otherwise they are perfect!

Good night and sweet thrifting dreams!

7 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These are a major Atomic score! Love the colors and so glad Dan got them to sell them for less!

oliveverlyblog said...

these lamps are SO fun! what a great haggle - good thing you had an accomplice :)

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Oh my! Those are crazy! I love them!

I think I need another exclamation mark - !

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

LOVE the lamps!!! How FUN!!

France Guérin said...

Love it! I like the look of it.

Zootsuitmama said...

Ahhhh-so jealous!

MomWaldsPlace said...

WOWZA!!!! Absolutely stunning, and in a good way!