Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Knight

I love exploring the neighborhood where I work and spotting mid-century treasures!

I saw this one last monday but I had forgotten my camera so I had to go back!

But first this totally fab entryway


I would totally move there just to see this everyday!

A couple of doors up is this....


 How funky/tacky is that? I love it! I want to live there as well, but to be honest the building is kind of falling apart....

Here's a bit of detail


.
Sorry about the flash, I couldn't take the pic any other way....

See? even the columns were covered in mosaic tiles!

Decorating tip: Painting mosaics is NEVER a good idea!

On weather news....it's summer again, it was super humid and warm today....I wonder what the weekend has in store for us....We will be painting, cleaning, re-organizing, and I hope to have time and inspiration to list stuff in the store. And maybe a bit of pool time!

Be well and keep you eyes peeled to vintage treasures!

5 comments:

SixBalloons said...

Oooh, shudder, painting tiles is a big no no!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love that porch entrance! Also the tile work is great but oh no...paint? Never!

Maureen said...

Pool time? Really? Things sure have changed.

MomWaldsPlace said...

This must have been fabulous in its day. Then again, modern styling with a medieval knight might have always seemed a bit off.

Unknown said...

Painting tiles? The hell?