Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A square what?

A square toilet that is.

I had a lunch date but got stood up as my friend from work hurt his collar bone and did not bother to call me to cancel....I will give him an earfull when he comes back, lol

So off to lunch I went all by my lonesome to try a new ramen place, yes ramen again...I'm telling you it's the next big food craze here in Montreal.

It's called Misoya Ramen on Bishop street...it's barely opened 1 month.

More expensive than last week's chinese ramen but they had a 9.99$ lunch special...

With gyoza; lovely japenese potstickers....


 
Then the soup
 
 
You see the white powder in the middle?
It is parmesan cheese! Really! To the right fried potatoes.
That is soooo un-japanese!
 
To the left a slice of pork, probably pork belly; way too fatty.Not enough noodles.
The broth had a lovely lemony taste but was so salty; I felt like a cow in a
field getting a salt lick!
 
Weirdness factor: 100%
Potstickers: 100%
Ramen soup: Forget about it!
 
The restaurant is part of a chain and is considered one of the best ramen place in NYC
 
Thanks but naynay!
 
Oh and the toilet
 
 

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The food doesn't sound like it was all that good but oh that square toilet made my day!
hugs, Linda

SixBalloons said...

Hmm, is it comfy?!

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

The food might not have tasted good, but it suuuure looks good. I'm starving now!

Jill said...

That's a first,never saw a toilet like that!,

ColibriNB said...

Parmesan cheese and fried potatoes in a Japanese soup - there's a mix you don't see often.
So funny about the square.