Sunday, March 17, 2013

Almost Here!

Spring is almost here....It is still cold but there are definite signs...

Some of the birds came back and sing loud and proud in the mornings. The ice breaker broke the ice and the water runs free again....

The yard is mudding up and the cats and I have started tracking mud in the kitchen.....hihihi

And I started seeds for the veggie garden.

 
Basil, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes,
eggplants and kale
 
Basil and tomatoes are classics here, eggplants are a first as for the kale this is not
my first time but I never got success, it is my first time starting it indoors.
This is exciting!
 
Oh and I was able to yank the grill cover from the ice...
 
I smell a burger or 2.
 
I'm having smoker fantasies too...
 
And I have a pork butt in the freezer!
 
But for tonight we will have filet mignon (bought super cheap on sale) Rapini with garlic and a bit of avocado...yum!
 
Have a great night my friends!
 

1 comment:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am so happy to see you've started your seeds. I am ready for fresh veggies and lots of flowers!
hugs, Linda