Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I burned carrots!

I can't believe this happened to me, I surely had a brain fart!

I was making turkey pot pie and they were asking for frozen carrots which i never buy...

so I decided to partially cook some in the microwave as I've done dozens of times.

So I go through the motions and after a while it smells like burned crap and I can't figure out what is going on until the microwave beeps and I open the door...

This picture speaks for itself...
 
eeeewwww
 
Even after an hour of soaking, the Pyrex is still stained
 
Oh well!
 
I foresee some roadtrip in the near future...
 
I will keep you posted friends!
 
Sleep tight
 
P.S: I saw my first blue heron yesterday and heard the first Canada geese...
 
Good times!
 
SPRING IS HERE!
  

4 comments:

Cheapchick said...

The trumpeter swans left Vancouver Island last weekend - I was thinking the same thing. There are still lots of ducks here preparing to leave though. Cheers! (ps I weeded today yihaw! I am so glad we left Alberta - to be happily weeding for three hours in March!)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh my goodness, and carrots do stain! I'm hearing more birds so I know Spring is here!

hugs, Lina

ColibriNB said...

Oh no, your poor Pyrex!

SusieQT said...

Oh yuck- I know exactly what that smells like! Blech.