Monday, January 22, 2018

Last Thursday

So we are gently settling down in our new life....I cook healthier with even more veggies, less fat and less salt and more lean protein...

Dan is going to physiotherapy and doing the exercises and doing better.

I find that since things are calmer I am more tired and lazier.

I believe that is my way of heeling and coping.

Tuesday I worked in the office, Wednesday at home and was just too lazy to go out after...Thursday I could not wake up and kept snoozing...

Finally 2 hours later I messaged my boss and said sorry I will work from home, I could not wake up!

Yes I am grateful that my employer is flexible and I can work from home pretty much when I want!

So Thursday at around 5:00 PM , I decide that I need to go pick up essentials at the grocery store...

So I go outside and I see a lot of firemen.....and one tells me : Maa'm you can't stay there....this is closed up.....

So I just went back home....

 Good firemen but not calendar worthy....
They evacuated a lot of our neighbors....

 The street was blocked off for 2 hours because it turned out there was a 
gas leak.My SD came back from work and could not get in her apartment.....We sent her to a restaurant... And then they turned off the power for 28 blocks....
so I figured that I might as well use the BBQ to
cook turkey quesadillas!
 Since I was on the balcony I decided to take a picture of the snowed yard.
Sorry about the pic definition...since there was no light it is kind of fuzzy...

To be honest this really stressed me out!
Ever since the 1998 ice storm, I guess really stressed whenever we have a power outage...


2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I hate it when we lose power.

Cheapchick said...

That ice storm was terrible - I remember seeing the devastation on TV - you have every right to be worried when the power goes out. I worry too but have never lived through anything like that. We got a wonderful tsunami warning this morning but by the time we woke up it was all over anyway (happened at 1 am our time and warning was off by 5am). We live up high on a hill so no danger even if there was a tsunami but our town would be wiped out, not fun.