Monday, October 20, 2008

Grey Day


Fall brings us really beautiful images...Like the wonderful sunrise I was lucky enough to see this morning.I was hoping for a gorgeous day like yesterday, but instead I got cold, humid and grey...Brrrrrrr
Even the cats don't want to go outside! I was able to tie up a lot of loose ends like rake some leaves (again???), finish closing the pool, taking a walk and continue to prepare the borders for winter. I even harvested the Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes) I stayed outside 3 1/2 hours and it was time for a break!
So now I am inside witha lot less energy, LOL!
I am looking forward to my city outing tomorrow...Salvation army here I come!
The second picture is of the sunchokes in an antique egg basket, in case you had never seen any.
It is an heirloom vegetable and is native to North America, it was, at one point called Canada potato.

Have a nice afternoon!

No comments: