Friday, November 28, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like....


Yes, yes, yes you got it right... XMAS!!!
Since it was snowing I decided to install the wreath on the door...and technically I'm not cheating 'coz Monday is the 1st of December....WOW time sure flies! Also I'm in a big cleaning mode....cleaned out the fridge (I definitly don't do that enough....I saw some SCARY STUFF!), cleaned out the big freezer in the basement, cleaned out the can pantry...I had expired soup cans....I never looked at the date until recently, and I read an article on the dos and don'ts of giving to the food banks...They said don't give expired food(some people do that???) so that's why I was going through the canned goods. I had a can of cream of chicken soup expired since 2003..OMG!!!
Anyways all the expired stuff is gone and I made a big bag (of NON expired non-perishable food) to give at the drive.
And I have been baking...not the actual cooking of the cookies, but making the dough to freeze so I can bake it at my leisure....First baking picture using my turquoise Pyrex bowls are Pfeffernusse ( a big fave at my house) those are german spice cookies with pepper...Yum! And yes Dad if you're reading this I will bring some when I visit on Sunday...:)



Next baking picture...using the NewDots Pyrex bowls...Xmas shortbreads...Not a big hit at my house...LOL...Actually I'm the only one who eats them...It was my maternal grandmother's recipe...It's the only thing I have left from her and I hadn't baked them in a couple of years...so on I went my the shortbread. I like the green and red candied cherries and the chopped almonds.
Next Tuesday I'm going to the city..I will visit the chiropractor and the Salvation Army (heehaw) and after that a lunch with some friends I used to work with...TTFN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE DOTTED BOWLS????? (yes, I'm shouting)
I LOVE those and am always looking for them. Good heavens, I'm green with envy.

Lori

Cynthia said...

Love all the pretty bowls!

Vonlipi said...

DON'T SHOUT!!! LOL! I ebayed the small and medium one and the one with blue dots was a gift....

You made me laugh so hard Lori, thanks for commenting!

Hi Cynthia thanks for your visit!