Sunday, August 23, 2009

Look what I found|


Friday, after the dentist...Oh how I hate going to the dentist! I decided to reward myself with a trip to the Salvation Army....
Of course I made a prayer to the thrifting gods and to the Pyrex gods (I'm pretty sure they're 2 different entities!) to open my eyes and make me find something good and pink please!
So I'm pushing my cart, minding my own business....and seeing stuff I rejected the week before...Like the Sunkist milkglass juicer broken and reglued....Or those Glasbake divided dishes all dishwasher worn... And I see this grimmy pink Pyrex casserole that is quietly calling my name...Hey psssst! Yeah you with the swollen face (dentist), come over here! Take me home! I'm cheap! And I kept thinking that I had this one at home. But I put it in the cart anyways...
Because you all know the NUMBER ONE THRIFTING RULE (Drumroll please!) IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING PICK IT UP, then you can look it over and decide. I learned that one the hard way in Maine a couple of years ago, just as I was starting the early stages of Pyrexia. I saw a Butterprint casserole I liked and decided to go around the antique mall once before I picked it up. BIG MISTAKE!!!
First thing I knew an old broad bought it and ran away with MY casserole.
So I'm still checking stuff at the SA and once in a while I'm looking at the casserole and thinking : But I already have a pink one at home....I think mine is darker than that, could it be? How many shades of pink Pyrex exists? Half an hour later, I'm still tortured! I'm going trough the cart- what I'm buying, what I'm putting back on the shelves...I had the casserole in my hand to put it back, but I finally decided to bring it home to meet the other casseroles....
Well I was right to do it, because I didn't have that one! The one I had is flamingo! Which makes me wonder again...How many shades of Pink did they make??? You have Pink and Flamingo and Desert something (Desert Dawn). Oh My! Same thing with yellow!
So I guess the moral of this story is: Always trust your instincts!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhh pink! girl, you rock with the pink thing!

Know what I did today? sob. I had two little fridge dishes on top of the fridge, slammed the freezer and two fell off and snap, crackle and popped all over floor.

i'm ill :(

Vonlipi said...

That is so horrible! And quite a mess because Pyrex doesn't just breaks but it explodes!

I feel for you :(

Unknown said...

Yeah, I should have said explode. Today I had to vacuum again because I keep finding more pieces of shrapnel.

MomWaldsPlace said...

Great Pink Happiness!!! You did way better than I did after the dentist. I couldn't bear to put anything in the cart back. I've never spent that much in a Goodwill before, and... my birthday coupon for 25% off was at home.

Oh you poor CSB. I'm moving my stuff off the fridge now, thanks.