Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vintage linens


I have been finding interesting linens in my thrifting adventures lately....
The pink and fuschia towels are from Fieldcrest, and from experience, if you don't use them to put out a fire they will last forever!
My mom bought some in the early 80's and they are still in circulation somewhere. I still have the fingertip towels- Those were very chic!
I should know I worked in a bed and bath store in Montreal for 2 years (84-86) and those fringy towels were a MUST HAVE, for the women in the know....LOL
I toyed with the idea to keep them, but finaly decided to part with them.
The tablecloth with the apples came from a church thrift store. I was fascinated with the ton of apples as well as with the fringe on the bottom. I can't get over the fact that something from the 50's-60's is still in good condition!


The other day I saw this gem with the roosters. I just had to get it! It's pure linen and those roosters are just too cute!
I love the mid-century colors that are so in fashion today, turquoise,olive green and dark brown. You can't get better than this!





Over the weekend I caught Bob taking a nap with his hind paw resting on my keyboard....awwww! So adorable! He stayed there for hours! He wouldn't budge!
So after finally watching all the Damages episodes on the web....damn you Patty Hewes! lol
I watched all available Rescue Me episodes. Man oh man these people drink alot! LOL
I started watching Mad Men yesterday. After one episode I can't really form an opinion. I like the retro look of the show, and what I noticed most was all that cigarette smoke-cough,cough,cough Let's not forget the booze, all day long....was it really like that? I remember everyone smoked back then, but only one uncle had a bar with hard liquor. From the Pyrex Love Flickr group I know that there is quite a bit of Pyrex to be seen, so I'm looking forward to that for sure!

4 comments:

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Apples and roosters and kitty cats - oh my! Great finds. Have a good trip!
Erin

Unknown said...

The rooster table cloth is fab and the kitty foot is adorable!!! how cute!!! ginger does that too, i think cause the laptop is warm :)

Vonlipi said...

Thanks ladies for your great comments!

I think Bob just wanted to stretch out...:)

susanatammy said...

Awesome colors of towels! This is so nice massing of printed & colorful towels making. Thanks for the useful post.
Shelby@ fingertip towels