Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thrifting Across the River

Well it seems that I did Retro Tuesday all by my lonesome….LOL! It happens….


Thanks to everybody who visited and left comments! You always put sunshine in my day!

Do you remember the Barbe-cutie plates I wrote about HERE?

Well some of you commented that they would’ve bought the plates….and it got me thinking, and thinking and thinking some more until I barely slept last night! I was dreaming of the plates and how I had to go get them, I had FULL BLOWN plateitis!

So I woke up at 5 am this morning, made sure Dan had everything ready to go to work….washed, fixed myself some breakfast, snacks and ran out the door to take the last bus across the river. I arrived pretty early, and needed to make a pit stop…THANK GOD FOR MCDONALD’S. I was able to have a coffee (and a bathroom) so I could wait for the thrift store to open.

I didn’t see anything new, that’s a bummer…Are the plates still there??? Yes they are! Oh but WAIT! Wait just a minute!!! Not only they all have different designs that are not as nice as the one I remembered and they are all cracked! WOA, what a disappointment….

So instead I got this for the store….




I must confess that I’m a sucker for tacky souvenir trays….And this one is extra special! A New York State Souvenir tray! Great for servimg cocktails....

After getting out of there….believe it or not I needed another bathroom PRONTO! Sorry if it’s too much info, but it does set the tone of the day…I ended up going….wait for it….in the Regional Psychiatric Clinic! Nice clean bathroom! And the receptionist didn’t even bat an eye…She couldn’t spot the advanced signs of Thriftionic Pyrexia….Good for me! So near the clinic is another thrift store where I found this...



Thank you Boubou for modeling near the mini iroing board!

I’ve been wanting one for some time, but you can’t simply find those anymore. Pulling out my big ironing board is always a chore and quite traumatic for the cats….

After I crossed the bridge where a teenager found it quite amusing to see a middle aged woman caring an ironing board under her arm!

I was so tired when I arrived home (I walked more than 2 hours) that I could barely muster the energy to have lunch…
I want to welcome my 49th follower http://thebewilderedbrit.blogspot.com/ .Go check out his very funny blog. Don't miss the Peeps video...



4 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh no, I missed Retro Tue! I will join in next week I hate that when I think about something, go look again and it's not as remembered! Glad you found a few items.

Maureen said...

You're an energetic girl! And on a bus no less! I hate buses - it might have something to do with the guy who fell asleep on my shoulder years ago....

Unknown said...

Oh man, I would totally get into tacky trays like and think I will be on lookout for them. I have hearts in my eyes for them. And thanks for holding the retro tuesday fort down and all...lol

And I should have just posted retro wednesday cause I posted again anyway.

Protector of Vintage said...

I have one of those souvenir trays, too!!! Minnesota. Glad I found your lovely blog.