Wednesday, August 31, 2011

At last!

We are here! Oh my! It feels so good!

Our first taste of Green Mountain Coffee! I took Pumpkin Pie Spice, my favorite!


we had breakfast at Denny's, I loooove their hashbrowns....so crispy!


I spied this in their menu.....It's a cheesy super melt and there's macaroni and cheese layer (the pale one). Does that strike you as too much?

We got lost on our way to Target in Manchester! Thank you Google, you had us taking the wrong exit. We did meet a lot of nice people who tried to help us. Finally we saw the big sign!
Did I ever mention I loooovvvvveeee shopping at Target? We bought pillows and lamps and assorted knick knacks....

By the time we made it to the shore we were famished and a tad cranky. I was really sad to see that our go to restaurant had changed management.....More on that later.

We went to Rye beach and ate at Ray's seafood and lobster pound.


Yep that is yours truly hugging the big blue lobster! How cute is that?




This is what we see from the room....breath taking! Well we are off for our moring constitual!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Have fun!! I'll be on the New England Trail next week... can't wait....

The White Pear Tree said...

I'm soooo envious! Love this kind of getaway. I love Target too. Our Zellers is going to be turned into a Target. It won't be the same. I will miss Zellers first of all and then, there's something about going to the States and making a special stop at Target, isn't there? It adds to the trip's experience.

Did you intentionally wear a matching shirt to take a pic with the lobster, lol???? Too cute.

Target, Denny's, lobster and a gorgeous beach...Sigh!! Have fun!

svelteSTUFF said...

Hope IRENE at least washed in LOTS of beach goodies for you!!! A little seaglass and some sand dollars maybe??? ENJOY!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So glad you made it to the shore! Have fun and eat lots of yummy food!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Weird. We had those plates growing up. My family was quite thrifty, wonder they had my sister & I steal them from Denny's & then smuggle them across the border. We had stacks that size.