Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Special Day

Well, well another year has gone by oh so fast....Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be 46. Where has the time gone by?

I don't regret anything, I just want more time! More time to thrift, cook, weed, can, sew, paint, laugh and please can I find MORE Pyrex?

I asked for a road trip to Kingston, Ont for my B-day. That will happen in late September or early October. Did I mention I don't really like great big humid heat like we've been having for the past 2 months, so that is why we are scheduling the road trip later. I also asked for sheets, a watch and perfume.

As much as I wanted to blog more this week, I was too tired, too busy, too tired and busy, trying to learn Italian, going to the movies and working.

Work is ok, the Italian is going well, and we went to see Cowboys and Aliens (totally entertaining). Sarurday we had a dinner party with friends but Dan was sooooo sick (I was scared) we had to cancel.

    But that didn't stop me from baking some scrumptious cupcakes for my B-Day. They were delicious! I have to admit that I ate like a black hole this weekend....Oh well! It happens once a year!

On another subject....I had time to go through some Pyrex and this is now for trade....

Yep this is a Pyrex children's Circus plate. Quite desirable and collectible!

I'm looking for an Eyes 401, a 2 1/2 quart Charcoal Snowflake casserole, a Butterfly Gold 503. Hey I'm pretty flexible! I traded Pyrex for some rockin' handmade earrings.... As soon as I get them I'll show them to you!

Ok that's it! Be well sleep tight and a big kiss to Ventura .... Sleep tight you beautiful dog, you will be happy with my friend Tracy and don't worry Ginger will learn to love you!

8 comments:

The White Pear Tree said...

Have yourself a darn good birthday, my friend! I hope you get everything your heart desires and more. Those turquoise cupcakes look scrumptious! Very Pyrex inspired colour, no doubt.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Well Happy Birthday to you! A road trip in Oct sounds perfect to me. I hope you can find some of that Pyrex you are looking for!

Jill said...

Hope it's the best day - Happy Birthday and may all your Pyrex wishes come true!!

Zootsuitmama said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, I can totally understand your feelings. I turned 57 in June and cannot believe it! The song by Bonnie Raitt, "Scared to run outta time" says it perfectly. Until then, age is just a number and I plan to enjoy every second of vintage goodness!!

Sharon said...

happy belated bday!!!

Tara Beaulieu said...

Happy birthday, Valerie, I hope your road trip finds you lots of goodies! Isn't Ventura the cutest?

France Guérin said...

Bonne Fête Valérie!!!
All the best and enjoy that trip in late september. They have the antiques market on Sundays.

Unknown said...

OMG! You are so sweet!