Saturday, August 13, 2011

WOW Pyrex lamps!

As some of you might know we are now on the hunt for a dining room lamp....Doesn't help that the Danmeister changes opinions like people change underwear!

In the last 2 months I've had : We need vintage, new, black, colorful, spaghetti, homemade, homemade spaghetti, colorful homemade spaghetti,  custom made vintage like, flying saucer and I'm sure I missed a couple. Of course price is a criteria as well, so that takes care of custom made vintage like, spaghetti and vintage (can you say CRAZY prices?).

We bought one today...It is colorful, modern yet vintagey looking and the price is ok. However I'm sure I saw something in those big blue eyes that told me nice but no cigars....I said heck we'll bring it home and see, if we don't like we'll take it back. I wanted to take some pictures but both my camera batteries are dead! It always happens that way.

I also wanted to take pictures of some Pyrex in action because we had some company and I made cevapcici one of Serbia's nationnal dish. it is an homemade garlicky sausage served with a yogourt sauce. YUMMY!

Well those darn batteries again!

Instead as a pic I will show you lamps that took my breath away.....Pyrex lamps! I saw those on Etsy and just had to share them with you. Ohhhh you beautiful delicious lamps....


How cool are they? This is recycling at it's finest!
They come as a pair and you can find them at MaggyBeHappy Etsy store.

I'm sure they will fit amazingly well in one of your homes.

I hope to post again tomorrow with pics of the lamp.

Have a peaceful night!
 

4 comments:

Anne@Kitschy Vintage said...

Vonlipi, those are so cool! I don't think I've ever seen anything like them. Thanks for letting us know about them -- I'm off to look at the etsy shop now.

Good luck on the continuing hunt for just-the-right lamps!

Zootsuitmama said...

Wow! I think of stuff like that, but someone is actually doing it! Very neato Frito!

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

How AWESOME!!! I LOVE them! Can you just picture 3 little hanging fridgie lamps over a snack bar?!? How cool would that be!?!

Good luck on finding the perfect lamp!

Sandra @ The Memory Workshop said...

totally cool...though I have to say it pains me a bit to see Pyrex altered like that. I think I can get used to it! I think.