Monday, June 4, 2012

Fall & Winter 1975

On Saturday we jumped in the car for a day of thrifting which was pretty much ampered by endless buckets of rain, so no garage sales.

We made it nevertheless to Gananoque, Ont home of the Gananoque Flea market.

I scored 2 Eaton's catalogs from 1975 and 1976. Now let's see...I was 10 years old in 1975 and even if I remember some of the UGLY fashions, I had no idea how ugly it all was.

So basically it's an endless source of post topics!

Being a Pyrex maniac, I was of course, eager to find some. There was none.

Instead I found this...


Corning Ware galore!

Now I'm surprised they made so much stuff with the Spice'O' life pattern...A spice
cabinet? A spice rack, a letter holder, a paper towel holder?
I also find some pieces quite expensive for 1975. The 9 cup percolator was $21.95!
And what about the Corelle dish set at the bottom?
A 20 piece set was $37.95.
Ans the minimum wage wasn't that much in 1975 so that was a pretty big hunk of change for some dishes.
The patterns? Butterfly Gold, Spring Blossom Green and Old Town Blue.

That's it for me, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite!

6 comments:

Jill said...

I found the very same catalogue last week too and a 1972 Sears one, no more Pyrex in that one either. I paid $3 each.

Vonlipi said...

well you got a better deal than I did! I paid 5$ each LOL

Zootsuitmama said...

Gosh, I'm old! I got the Corelle butterfly gold set from my husband's Grandma back in the early seventies. And, I remember the Spice of Life pattern, too. I got into vintage shortly after that, and thought I would collect Art Deco...ha ha! After a few years of not being able to afford it, I switched over to forties and fifties. Been doing it ever since!

Melissa said...

I'll take all that Spice o' Life stuff. Please and thank you. :)

SusieQT said...

1975 is the year I was born. My parents had all that stuff in Spice O'Life. They must have registered for it for their wedding the year before. I remember using it forever, and they still have some of it.

Vonlipi said...

Oh Susie!

How lucky you were to grow up in a house of Spice of Life!

We didn't have those things when I grew up. We had beautiful antiques, pewter collections, milkglass too but I have a pop/kitsch soul and was always yearning for things my mother didn't approve of.

And oh my you're so young! Of course your picture is kind of misleading...With the vintage hat