Monday, April 15, 2013

At the thrift

I don't have access to a lot of thrift shops... some are easily acccessible, some OMG, it takes a lot of planning to go!

Last Thursday I went to Renaissance in Verdun. This place is truly a haven for weirdos, yours truly included , except I don't sniff dishes and I try to not thrift'n'fart!

So this is what I found

 
From what I could gather from ebay this is a zulu lulu glass (right) with friend.
Made in the 50's by Federal Glass.
 
These are not politically correct at all but great fun. The irony? the cashier at the thrift was from Haiti and didn't even bat an eye, LOL.
 
Dan was thrilled to add to the barware collection!
 
Now I got this for me and the living room as I think it goes perfectly with the 60's theme!
 
 I think this was a pudding dish. My parents had wine glasses from this set in Amber.
I think you could buy them from the Eaton's catalog.
 
It looks beautiful with a Patchouli from Yankee Candle.
 
Lovely!
 
(It seems I got my blogging mojo back, fingers crossed!)
 

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love the glasses and love patchouli!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh my those glasses are so much fun!! Great find for sure. Love the green dish and I may have some like that also. They really are pretty! hugs, Linda

Cheapchick said...

I love those glasses - even if not politically correct :) Cheers