Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mod Danish Goodness

Yesterday I was fixing supper, minding my own business...

When I heard our car's honking in the driveway, I also hear: Miss V come see what I found! Quick come see the TREASURE I found in the garbage!!!

 Yep! 4 vintage Danish chairs and a table to boot! OMGOMGOMGOMG! I can't believe you found that in the TRASH! OMGOMGOMGOMG it's the real mccoy! Teak, I can't believe the luck! Made by Farstup in the 60's...Of all the things....

We need to reupholster the chairs because they are covered in a really gross eighties fabric and my fave woodworker needs to make some legs for the table because those are missing...Who would throw out a perfectly good table and keep the legs? Probably the legs were picked up by somebody else.

I'm really looking forward to fixing this because I loathe my dinning room set! It's vintage but a copy of early Quebec furniture....I hope I can find a good house for it!

Come back Monday for some garale sale madness!  

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the lines of those chairs! What a gorgeous find! Yeah for you!!

MomWaldsPlace said...

Yay for you! I know how it is living with a set that you don't like. Especially with as much time as you and I spend in the kitchen!

It's a shame someone else got to the legs first. I once traded for a table just so that I could have the legs.

Unknown said...

First thats fabulous and second what is wrong with people to dump stuff like that? Seriously.

Even if they think its worthless why not donate it?

People are just stoooopid I swear and think nothing about people who have less than them. It makes me furious