Thursday, June 10, 2010

K-Tel Electric North

First and foremost I want to thank each and everyone of you beautiful ladies who left comments on yesterday's post. As I read all your words of encouragements I was misty eyed and I felt like a million bucks!
 It was quite a milestone for me and I'm glad I did it. I also want to give Tracy and Ginger a double hug for (without knowing it) giving me the push I needed to go through with this. 

Now for something silly and tacky! And vintage of course! A couple of weeks ago I found this at the church basement...



I thought of my pal Erin @ Toronto Yard Sale Snoop who's always posting vids from the 80's and I just had to pick it up (besides it was FREE). K-Tel was the company behind most of our music compilation and peddled kitchen gadget similar to Ronco in the 80's. This compilation was released in 1983...aaahhh! the year I turned 18! 

It is an hilarious video! I don't know if the tunes where played in the U.S, but who cares? Anybody can enjoy the 80's style...N'est-ce pas?




Check out the hair! Evryone knows that to be a great 80's musician you had to have long hair and tight pants!

Or about this one:  Crimes of Passion by Rough Trade. This group was considered very risqué in the 80's.



And this last one is a hoot, an 80's hoot that is! I remember listening to that one. Those early videos really crak me up!



I hope you enjoyed those tacky vids and let me tell you my friends I have plenty more where that came from!

4 comments:

France Guérin said...

Love the 80's! And the tacky part too!

Unknown said...

That was too sweet, really... I'm getting all weepy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh my goodness....love this video!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Ha! I just read this post. I was going down the videos you uploaded wondering if you were going to include the Head Pins. Voila! How about Gowan and his crazy mullet? We need to get together, thrift, have a few drinks and watch eighties gold videos together. I totally remember K-tel.
Now I want to post something for you. I'll think...
Erin