Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fantabulous Thrifting Road Trip (Part 2)

As promised, here's the following part of that wonderful road trip. After lunch ,eaten at Cornwall BBQ (Ontario), we were still thirsty for thrift....

So we decided to push west to wards Morrisburg (20-30 min from Cornwall) on the Heritage Highway (rte 2) and then like in a dream....We saw a garage sale on the other side of the road and I asked to stop. I don't stop to all sales, I passover the ones that seem to only have kid stuff...
So we had to turn and drive back...and then maybe 50 to 100 feet from it I yelled: Hey! There's a Pyrex Carafe! And yes there was one and better there were 2 Pyrex carafes!

Here are the 2 carafes from the garage sale. In front 2 jadeite Fireking berry bowls I found in a barn for a song and the 401 Pyrex Opal bowl I found here...





This wonderful haven of antiques and collectables is on Heritage Highway (Rte 2) west of Morrisburg. I don't know how far, but not that far.Okay,okay I loose all track of time when I'm on the thrifting war path!
I had everything a glass collector could want! Rooms and rooms and rooms of glass and pottery. It was packed from floor to ceiling. And there was Pyrex in every room! No lies!


Hum! Delphite! and Pyrex!

Oooh out of focus but you can still see the PYREX!



Look at all that blue! And there was one room full of MILKGLASS! That's when I thought of you Douce France! All the milky glass goodness...so white,so pure! Why I didn't take a pic, I don't know!

 

Look at that light on the Shenandoah Pyrex bowl....


This was taken in the basement. Look at the view of the St-Lawrence river! WOW!

I was really excited to find this place opened because we had drived in front quite a few times but it was always closed. The prices are not cheap but not crazy either. I know for a fact that you can bargain a bit 'coz I was able to just that for my bowl. I have been looking for that little guy for quite a while. Opal is hard to come by, they didn't make a lot of items. 
    
They are open 7 days a week, 10 to 5 until October; at least that's what the lady said!

Oh and I found this at Value Village...
                  
        

This paper towel/aluminum/waxed papaer dispenser is so shiny you can see my whole kitchen in there!

I hope you enjoyed this installement of Fantabulous Road Trip! So if you're not that far, pack a picnic and jump in the car and head out west or east depends and take the old road west or Cornwall and you just might be surprised!
                                                                           
Today I'm linking to Vintage Thingy Thrusday hosted by Suzanne from Colorado Lady . Get over there! Don't be shy! I know you want to! LOL

16 comments:

France Guérin said...

I see you had all the fun!
We sometimes drive all the way to Morrisburg, maybe next time around during camping time, I will go take a look! But usually, my hubby knows they ask too much in antique's place and he rather prefer I don't go in! There is an century home not foo far also from there and the lady set up the house with some nice antiques. It's fun that you thought of me! I do the same now when I come across Pyrex!! Have a nice day and thks for sharing!

Charlotte said...

Lucky You! My heart was pounding when I saw all of the glassware and Pyrex! I am so jealous!

Mimi said...

I wanna go thrifting with you!!!!!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That place looks worthy of a road trip! I enjoyed the photos of Pyrex and so many other gorgeous glass ware my heart would have been beating fast!

SixBalloons said...

Wow, what a great place! Funny thing, I actually had a Value Village trip where I purchased the same citrus Pyrex carafe and found an unusual Opal White tabbed cinderella mixing bowl. I suppose that can be an upcoming post!

Unknown said...

ack


thats all I got honey...ack

I didnt even think a place like that existed!

Sandy said...

What a wonderful road trip.. and look at all the 'blue glass'...
Thanks so much for your visit today and your nice comment!
Sandy
http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Tara Beaulieu said...

Oh I immediately spotted all that fabulous turquoise on the shelves. You would have had to peel me off the floor after I melted on the spot! You are so lucky, what a wonderful day you had!

Postcardy said...

The Pyrex carafes look like something I could use, so will have to look for one.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

That look's like a cool little shop to look for treasures! Thank's for stopping by today....Julian

CC said...

OMG!!!!!!! I saw the Pyrex and almost screamed..there was so much in one place. I'm lucky to find piece at a time.. Your finds are just wonderful you lucky girl...
Happy VTT...

viridian said...

Sounds like Ontario is the place to be. Happy VTT.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip, I'm very jealous!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love that little blue pyrex bow! I want that. And id you just say a whole room full of milk glass? I want to go!!!!!!

Sandi (Meme) said...

Looks like a great adventure! Just wanted to stop and thank you for leaving a comment about my vintage napkins. Loved having you over - please come again sometime!

Ulla said...

What a lovely trip you had!