Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Thriftyness

Happy Monday to everyone! Yes I feel particularly chipper this morning! There was so cool thrifty finds to be found this weekend , even starting thrusday!

Thrusday was Quebec national's holiday and sad to say we don't celebrate much....and the weather was on the rainy side! So Dan (always the enabler) said: Wanna go for a ride in Ontario? Everything is opened!.

Could I say no to this charming line? Of course not! So off we went with our cooler and Tim Horton's coffee!

So one of our first stop was VV in Cornwall. Love that place! I didn't buy anything but took some pics.

How funny is that? A fake brick crock pot!


What would a thrifting trip be without some Pyrex sighting? I already have some bowls in those patterns, so I didn't feel the Pyrexia kick in....I heard Dan sigh with relief, LOL! Top pattern is Forest Fancies, one of my least favorites.Bottom one is Woodlands, I prefer that one but in the dark brown version. And let's face it folks ; brown is the least overall favorite Pyrex color-I kid you not. And it's not moving in my store either...


how cute are those plates? They are made of some kind of melamine with a metal ring around them.

We moved to Morrisburg and the raining go really bad. Even if we kept saying that there was sun in our hearts, we were soaking wet! We had lunch in a really quirky place called The Basket Case Café. It's hidden behind a gift shop in a strip mall. Food was great and totally homemade! we will be back!

In that same strip mall I found a thrift shop and got 2 fab things for the store. I haven't got a pic yet because I didn't clean them.

As for the weekend; it was a garale sale weekend for the entire Ile Perrot! Or so I thought.We were up and out the door by 8am and I suggested we head out to Ville de l'ile Perrot and Notre Dame de l'ile Perrot for a change....
Well there was NOTHING! I felt like I was in an episode of the Outer Limits and had stepped in a thrifting black hole!!! No tables, no signs, no nothing!
OMG did the Pyrexia finally ate my brain? Did it affect my motor skills? Then I remembered that those 2 towns had their big garage sale last week! So we headed back to Pincourt and found at least 10 garage sales. Some of them interesting, some well you know...Kids clothes and toys! HUGH!

 
Here's what I found. A vintage storage Tupperware, a milk pitcher new with the sticker on,a FireKing cup,An owl lantern and a small Le Creuset pot. Everything is in amazing condition!


Here's a closeup of the owl. This will definitely go in the shop along with the FireKing cup.

As for the milk pitcher....Do you remember I painted mine black a year ago? No? Well you can read about it here . Well let's just say that even if you have super duper paint that is supposed to fuse to plastic....well that is total bull, especially if you use the object everyday...so I now have a brand new milk pitcher for a quarter! I still need to remove some of the glue of the sticker... 

Here's some other stuff I didn't buy but wanted to....






So I totally wanted to buy the reindeers and the virgin Mary along Joseph and Baby J. But I don't have room in my garden shed for these beauties...Man we need a bigger house with a Pyrex room and a HUGE garage and basement and garden shed OMG I think we need a barn!

The Santa Claus I already have a gift from Pierre (Dan's bro).

It's always like that when I don't blog for a few days....I go on and on and on! But now faithfull readers it's over for today. OOPS! I almost forgot! Welcome to my 61st follower, Tara from Scarborough Seashells you can read her thrifting adventures here and she makes the MOST gorgeous jewelry! No kidding!

7 comments:

France Guérin said...

I think that I passed by your place yesterday! We did a few garage sales in Pincourt too! Nothing much for me, but the kids and the hubby finally found somethings they like! Have a nice week!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Yum Tim Horton coffee...I had that on my trip to Montreal several years ago. I am ready for another Canada vacation. I have brown Pyrex in my shop and no sale either. Of course I think all sales are slow right now, are you finding that also?

Love you finds and I love those outdoor Christmas deco's!

Vonlipi said...

France I'm glad your family found some cool stuff!

Linda: I think things are slower anyways for a shop that's based in Canada. The shipping scares some people away! I'm glad when I sell 1 thing a week. Lately I've had multiple sales and it's 3 for 4 sales in average a week which I consider good. I started my shop just before the recession...I've had months without sales!


I'm glad you 2 lovely ladies stopped by! Have a nice day :)

Maureen said...

Good thrifting girl! Makes me want to out right now. Hmmmmm....

Unknown said...

I've seen and passed up that pyrex - I just don't like it. Its just not, I don't know. Fun...

SixBalloons said...

Haha, the deer are hilarious! Love that little Le Creuset pot.

heidi said...

I love it all! esp. the lobster plates!!!