Wednesday, June 23, 2010

VTT: Opal Love

Happy VTT everyone! I'm always stoked when Thrusday rolls around...what to write about? I can always
 count on my old standby...Pyrex!

So if you're already a follower you probably read Monday's post HERE! about the Red Barn and the fart faced seller!

I found one of the missing links....A small Pyrex Opal fridgie! With lid! Opal means a white Pyrex with no pattern on it.

The Opal bowl set was introduced in 1954 and had 4 bowls. The company produced them only for 2 years. I don't know about the Opal refrigerator dishes, but what I know is that they are mighty hard to find!

 

On the far left you can see the new addition, next to it is the medium fridgie. In the back are the 401 and 402.

Part of the Pyrex urban legend is that the largest fridgie doesn't exist. I have never seen one in person, on Flickr or Pyrex Love....Prove me wrong and let me find one!




I couldn't help myself! Another shot of delicious Pyrex Opaliciousness!

Here are more pics taken inside the Red Barn in Hudson, Qc home of the fart face seller.

 

OOoohh! Melmac!



Le Creuset and assorted cast iron



Assorted Glassware



Need a toaster??? We got toasters!



Chairs,chairs and more chairs....



And guess what? More chairs!

I hope you enjoyed this little tour! Be sure to visit the so delightful Suzanne from Colorado Lady
for more vintage joy!

14 comments:

Tara Beaulieu said...

OMG am drooling over all the pyrex (yet again!) and wouldn't that white look lovely on a summery table? It's so cool and soft looking. I missed the fartfaced seller post, lol gotta go read that now!

Postcardy said...

It is interesting that the white is rare. I would have thought it would be more common than colors.

concretenprimroses said...

How big is the big fridgie. My mom may have one.
Kathy

Sarah said...

Enjoyed this one. Felt like I've been to a market. :-)
Glad you found another one of the white ones. ~ Sarah

Unknown said...

OOO! I want to go to that Red Barn!

Coloradolady said...

I would have gone nuts in this place...I love the Opal pyrex...don't remember ever seeing this around here! Love!! Have a great VTT! And a wonderful treasure hunting weekend!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This Opal Pyrex is gorgeous! I have never seen any. Oh my! Yes I would love to visit that place!

Anonymous said...

Fund finds, I love learning about this stuff. I may have to check this place out the next time I get to Montreal.

Mick said...

OH Von Lip, How I LOVE your Pyrex :)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Wow! Tons of great vintage thingies. See that yellow cast iron with little folk people on them? My mom has those in perfect condition. How fun to see these since I've only seen them in my mom's kitchen.

Unknown said...

I've never ever seen white - or opal... man. And those chairs, oh I want those chairs. wow. I always look in thrift stores for chairs like that.

SixBalloons said...

My heart raced when I saw all that Le Creuset and Descoware! I believe I have an Opal White cinderella tabbed mixing bowl... Is this something you've come across Vonlipi?

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Hi there again! Thank you for coming by again...I must admit having to change my blog name would prove to be difficult so therefore I am keeping it "La Bella Vie" it simply means "the beautiful life" no matter what language its in. Thank you so much for coming by La Bella Vie:)
Terry
PS I love your blogspot no metter what the name...Terry

Zootsuitmama said...

Hey, I saw a few things in there that I would snap up! Unfortunately, it reminds me of my basement! Zootusitmama