Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Retro Tuesday: Deja Vu and Other Ads


When I first saw this cutie last saturday in the church basement....


Bells went off in my vintage brain! Now where did I see this? Where oh where oh where? Well right here!



Ooooh! So space age! Making coffee in plastic does not sit well with me; probably because I haven't tried it. Did I mention the one I bought works perfectly?


 This is (I'm sure of it) the ancestor to the Magic Bullet. A kitchen gadget that does it all! It might save some time, but waste some as well....All that time trying to snap it on when you want a can opener...I'd rather have a good old hand cranked can opener....I've had mine for EVER (27 years).....
If you have one of these that is still working let me know, I'm curious!

I couldn't resist posting this ad...


 

Bowlene...Who thought of that name? Don Draper?  Peggy Olson? I can't get over that name!
And who dresses that way to clean the bowl?
Thoughtfully designed with a woman in mind...What does that mean? We all know that NO men cleaned the Toilet in 1963!
Which reminds me that all thse ads were scanned from the October 1963 edition of Woman's Day. One of my favorite vintage mags because of it's size! it actually fits in my scanner!

Looking for more Retro fix? Check out my pal Tracy's blog Crazy Suburban Mom for more Retro Tuesday!


5 comments:

France Guérin said...

This is so cool! You got the eye! And the memory too!

Charlotte said...

Thanks for posting great ads from yesteryear. Trouble with that is I remember a lot of them! Love your blog.

Unknown said...

Its made for the woman in mind because since when do men clean toilets?

As for bowlene - sheeesh. Sounds like a country singers name to me...

Missouri Michael said...

I have one of those Hamilton Beach things...I never use it though... Thanks for sharing the ad for it! The only attachment I don't have is the ice crusher.

http://cul-de-sacshack.blogspot.com/2010/03/hamilton-beach-mystery-machine.html

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I noticed that coffee pot in your post about your church sale items. How cool to have the ad!! I just bought a LIFE magazine June 5, 1950 4 days before I was born. I am hoping to get our scanner working so I can share some of the ads!