Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Mishmash

This week I got a really cool surprise in the mail.....

Yep! A good and generous soul sent this to little ol' me. I have no idea who did this wonderful act of generosity. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

                               Last night I had to do something really,really hard. I had to throw away my favorite chair. It was old and stinky and not even vintage. Dan had told me the blue monster had to go....just thinking about it I felt a thightness in my chest....We had bought the blue chair and a matching sofa in 1998 after the big ice storm. You know the one...where a lot of people were without electricity for anywhere from 2 to more than 4 weeks in January.BRRR!
We were 11 days without power. Anyways when spring came we went to Sears Home and got a chair, a sofa and an area rug. Beautiful all of it...We the delivery guys came we found out that what looked ok in the showroom was GINORMOUS for our tiny living room.
The cats went to work on them right away. We had 6 cats at the time and their leader was OOCH. Ooch who claw the chair several times a day...The running gag was that the couch was all ripped up even before it was totally paid off!
 Eventually we gave the couch to SD and her boyfriend who didn't have one but kept the chair.

It's big,blue,ugly,stinky and the most comfortable chair EVER. Dan felt it was soooo ugly and white trash looking that we had to wait until sundown to bring it out. I gave it a hug, I nearly cried.

This morning I went outside and took pics...


LOL! I'm happy it's gone come to think of it...The cats are looking for it. It was really stinky, no amount of Febreeze could remove that weird smell....cigarette smoke,dirt,cat ass....lol
Yep cigarette smoke stays with furniture 4 ever! The house has been smoke free for nearly 5 years now....


Ooohhh! An artistic close-up of the cat's damage

Well gotta go now, time to make the donuts! See you at the post office :)
   

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Why don't you have it reupholstered?

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Maybe it was time to let it go! :)
Find a gorgeous vintage chair! I love the Pyrex bowl! Lucky you to have such a sweet admirer!!

Maureen said...

What a great surprise! The Pyrex I mean. I know how you feel about the chair.... it looks comfy!

Vonlipi said...

Charlotte: we toyed with the idea of reupholstering it ourselves but we realized we didn't like the shape of it (the top).

Linda & Maureen: Isn't the bowl fab?

To the first reader who left a comment: what do you mean and please do not link to that web site. I don't understand the content and I think the pics are too racy for my blog. So please stop linking to it or I will start deleating your comments. Thank you.

Cynthia said...

Love your new Pyrex bowl. I have to wing chairs in my garage that have cat damage to them from my aunt. I am trying to decide to recover or throw away. I guess I should go smell them to make sure they dont' smell like cat butt! Enjoy your weekend!

Mimi said...

What a nice surprise! Nice things happen to nice people!

MomWaldsPlace said...

Random kindness is a wonderful thing!

I understand about the chair. I have an emotional attachment to our couch. I finally decided to look for a replacement, but nothing is good enough. Thanks for making my couch look really good by the way!